Friday, September 25, 2009

Remembering Dave

When Dave dropped us off at the airport that Sunday I had no idea that would be the last time I would hear, "Love you inlaw!" some of you may not understand why we called each other inlaws, but for those of you who do are probably smiling right now as you read this.

I am so very blessed to have known Dave. I honestly can't believe that he is gone. I don't know what I will miss most. I don't think that I could pick just one thing. I don't think that Desperate Housewives will ever be the same. Dave always had a way to make us all laugh, and Lord knows we had our fair share of picking on each other. God forbid you get any crumbs on the couch or scratch his table... BLAKE... I will miss hearing him fuss at us for making a mess, but most of all I will miss the big smile and wink that he would give as he scolded me, because it was always in fun.

I was standing in line at the grocery store and I saw a bag of peanut m&m's, It's funny how the simple things can bring so many joyous memories. Some of you are really confused as to why peanut m&m's would bring back so many memories, but those select few of you are shaking your head and laughing because you know Dave always took my side!

I'm so very blessed to have known him. I'm sure all of you have stories and memories to share. Death is never easy... I encourage you to focus on all the happiness and joy that he brought to us! His life may have been cut short, but he lived it to the fullest!
I love you INLAW! You're so very precious to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment